TheRPDiaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'lack of males' issue

+4
Tarnish
PhilisPeacockWhilis
Chaz X3
moonflower08
8 posters

Go down

'lack of males' issue Empty 'lack of males' issue

Post  moonflower08 Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:11 am

as you all may know, this web site has a lack of males XD and all the male members never come on (except tarnish). And that's understandable concidering this site is still new. But i think i know partly the reason why >< i love the degin of this website. it's really pretty~ but i think that's the thing.....because it looks so girly it might actually repel possable males veiwing the site from joining. this is only a suggestion, but perhaps we should change the color/desgin of the site for both boys and girls. Like Harvest dreams started out at purple, and now it is green(ish). I'm just saying it might be more comfortable to make it a color both boys and girls can realte to....or whatever. like green or red...or something. just sumthin that's not to girly. which there's nothing wrong with girly, but it doesn;t exactl encourage boys to join...
moonflower08
moonflower08
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

'lack of males' issue Empty Re: 'lack of males' issue

Post  Chaz X3 Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:02 am

Yes! I totaly agree with that! I can mix up a few suggestions if you want? I did the buttons and stuff on the RP fetish sight if you wana see it here is the link:

http://rpfetish.forumotion.net

I can make something different to that more... diary like cus it is called "Rp diaries" ^^
Chaz X3
Chaz X3
Admin
Admin

http://laughlivelove.forumotion.net/profile.forum

Back to top Go down

Post  moonflower08 Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:15 am

gamer gal wrote:Yes! I totaly agree with that! I can mix up a few suggestions if you want? I did the buttons and stuff on the RP fetish sight if you wana see it here is the link:

http://rpfetish.forumotion.net

I can make something different to that more... diary like cus it is called "Rp diaries" ^^
ya, i sujjest useing colors like these:

red
blue
green
black

something like that
moonflower08
moonflower08
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhilisPeacockWhilis Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:49 am

We could always ask some users to have a guy has their 2nd or 3rd character. I'll be fine with taking on two guys including Yasu if you want. Smile
PhilisPeacockWhilis
PhilisPeacockWhilis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarnish Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:12 pm

xD At first a friend recommended me to come to this site, although when I looked at this site, It was... "girly" as you have mentioned.

I'm not saying I hate it, its pretty and all, though if you would like to attract boys, you might want to consider using neutral colors :]
Tarnish
Tarnish

Back to top Go down

Post  moonflower08 Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:08 am

PhilisPeacockWhilis wrote:We could always ask some users to have a guy has their 2nd or 3rd character. I'll be fine with taking on two guys including Yasu if you want. Smile
ya, but that's really not what i ment. i ment actualy GUYS. not guy characters Smile but that's ok.
moonflower08
moonflower08
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlow Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:51 am

In my experience, guys don't really join RP websites, unless it's for a shoot-em-up game or something. Especially when there's a slightly younger demographic, like there is here. It's not really for lack of effort on the creator's part, it's for the lack of interest. The colors and themes definitely play a part, but even if you change the entire site and layout around, it won't do much to send guy members flocking.

What you can do to increase the guy population is advertise on sites similar to yours. Typically, there's already a level of interest for that kind of board there, and they might check it out just to see what it's all about.

Make sure your site is listed in the host's directory, too. On my own site, I have more than a few guys who found the site by looking through the categories.

Using more gender-neutral colors is DEFINITELY a good idea, though.

Please note; whenever I post things like this, I'm not trying to tell you what to do or sound bossy. It's just friendly advice that I've picked up along the way. 8]
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PhilisPeacockWhilis Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:14 pm

moonflower08 wrote:
PhilisPeacockWhilis wrote:We could always ask some users to have a guy has their 2nd or 3rd character. I'll be fine with taking on two guys including Yasu if you want. Smile
ya, but that's really not what i ment. i ment actualy GUYS. not guy characters Smile but that's ok.

yeah, that what i thought, i asked my guy friends and they were like "its too girly"
soo, neutral colors would be good. What if we changed the site to match the seasons or holidays? the it wouldnt be too girly or manyly. Just thinking here.
PhilisPeacockWhilis
PhilisPeacockWhilis

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaz X3 Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:34 pm

PhilisPeacockWhilis wrote:
moonflower08 wrote:

yeah, that what i thought, i asked my guy friends and they were like "its too girly"
soo, neutral colors would be good. What if we changed the site to match the seasons or holidays? the it wouldnt be too girly or manyly. Just thinking here.

Philis you smarty pants! That's a great idea! We are doing our contest soon on the seasonal banner competition, don't forget!
Chaz X3
Chaz X3
Admin
Admin

http://laughlivelove.forumotion.net/profile.forum

Back to top Go down

Post  PhilisPeacockWhilis Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:53 pm

awsome!
PhilisPeacockWhilis
PhilisPeacockWhilis

Back to top Go down

'lack of males' issue Empty Overkill

Post  Adnim Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:10 am

Real men aren't afraid to step out of themselves
Adnim
Adnim

Back to top Go down

Post  dr cola Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:05 am

this is random but i love your signature on the left it is so funny though it is kinda stereotypical Shocked
dr cola
dr cola
jr.member
jr.member

Back to top Go down

Post  PhilisPeacockWhilis Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:25 am

ahhaha thx!
PhilisPeacockWhilis
PhilisPeacockWhilis

Back to top Go down

Post  dr cola Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:09 am

lol moving back to the topic maybe we could make it have a color of the night sky because its both good for guys and the girls plus im planning on painting my room night blue with stars Very Happy
dr cola
dr cola
jr.member
jr.member

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnim Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:53 pm

I don't know, the night sky can be a bit of a, how can I say this, downer with out the stars. Could we add those? That would be absolute perfecton!
Adnim
Adnim

Back to top Go down

Post  dr cola Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:12 am

yeah its a good idea i would think it would be night sky with white dots instead of actual white stars Neutral im pretty confused on how to post on this response so i dont know what to do
dr cola
dr cola
jr.member
jr.member

Back to top Go down

Post  drago360 Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:45 am

Adnim wrote:Real men aren't afraid to step out of themselves
amen brother! yeah, i don't know what the sight looked like before, but i like what it looks like now! the sight rpfetish has a night sky background, check it out at this link-
http://rpfetish.forumotion.net/index.htm
i'm not so fond of hearts, but everything else is realy cool! Very Happy Wink
and hey, i'll be on a lot, so if anyone wants to rp, i'm free! Smile Razz Cool
drago360
drago360

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum