TheRPDiaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you like history?

4 posters

Go down

Do you like history? Empty Do you like history?

Post  Chaz X3 Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:13 am

Just randomly asking [well...duhh...why would you put it on the random page!] if any one likes history, if there is peeps that like it I'll stick on a UK program called 'Horrible Histories' on here, it's one of my favoret programs!!
Chaz X3
Chaz X3
Admin
Admin

http://laughlivelove.forumotion.net/profile.forum

Back to top Go down

Do you like history? Empty Ammen Sister!

Post  Adnim Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:07 am

History, essence, shamless baring of flaws. Whatever you call it, the past is a part of ourselves. I don't know what is so horrable about it, as the point of history is to learn what to do and not to do. Therefore, all history is "good" in some repect. Din bless you
Adnim
Adnim

Back to top Go down

Do you like history? Empty Re: Do you like history?

Post  dr cola Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:26 am

i do like history the reason.....its because when i read about it i think what would it be like if i saw it with my own eyes or what would happen if i was interfering as in i was important to lets say washington and i told him the british are staying down would washington stay down would he die earlier than usual ............. I love you Basketball
dr cola
dr cola
jr.member
jr.member

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlow Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:17 am

I'm a history geek. I love historical fiction, and a lot of books have led me to do my own independent research into various topics. I love the Victorian era, and the lifestyle during the time of the American Revolution. I can list facts about the age of chivalry and tell you all kinds of things about serfs and nobles alike; I can do the same for most landmark events in American history.

The curriculum here, though, dictates that kids don't learn about anything other than AMERICA!!! until, like, ninth grade. Which is kind of self-centered, in my opinion, but whatever. I'm taking World History now, so it's all good. I'm particularly fond of ancient Chinese culture and philosophers at the moment.
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dr cola Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:23 am

that awesome historical landforms is the first thing id research about if i were going somewhere Very Happy
dr cola
dr cola
jr.member
jr.member

Back to top Go down

Do you like history? Empty Defending America

Post  Adnim Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:24 am

In all repect, i would like to point out that we do learn much about other AREA's and PERIOD's out here in Minnesota during elementry and middle school. We just don't hammer in another COUNTRY. After all, if we don't study relevent history, it does become kind of useless. At that age, most children can't comprehend the concept of another completly different culture existing far away from them ( This is a cultureal trait of the US. I blame Republicain Isolationism and Supremacy)
Adnim
Adnim

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlow Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:28 am

In Florida, you spend about three years learning about Florida. There's no real history curriculum in elementary school; you don't do anything landmark or even very exciting or notable. In middle school, I was in the gifted program, and spent three years doing an advanced US History program.

I guess a lot of it depends on the state you're in, and the standards for that state. My friend lived in Malaysia for a long while, and she said that a good majority of the kids there knew their history, along with the history of several other countries rather well. Of course, that was an accelerated English magnet school, so there could be all kinds of variations in programs and learned topics.

Most of us Floridians, however, have to deal with the very exclusive Sunshine State Standards, which drive me crazy.
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnim Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:01 am

I blame polotics. After all, your state DID vote for Bush. Twice ( Unless, of course, you're still voting Smile appolagy for comment) I mean, I kinda understand where you're coming from on the frustration aspect ( I was in gifted too, and it relly wasen't that much differnt.) But I do know a bit more administration wise ( Both my parents work in district management, in sepate districts, with my father as a superintendent. I also discusse polotics extensivly) Since the state is in charge of academics, we learn what the powers that be want us to learn. Republican ideology centers around Imperialism and Isolationism ( In differing scales) Florda is a conservative state. Therfore, through logical processes, you learn of our country.
Adnim
Adnim

Back to top Go down

Post  dr cola Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:04 am

you see not to be offensive but that joke was funny

we should have a random joke section somebody should make it cause i kinda don't wanna Neutral
dr cola
dr cola
jr.member
jr.member

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlow Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:03 pm

I'm inclined to agree with you there. Though I'm not very well-versed in politics or debate, for that matter, I do know that, as an individual somewhere between Democratic and Republican viewpoints, I'm not very pleased with the government in my state on a general basis. I was young during both Bush elections, but if they were to occur now, I would be frustrated to the ends of the earth with Florida as a whole.

I just want to learn about the guillotine and the Victorian era. 8[ Is that too much to ask, Sunshine State Standards? Is it?
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnim Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:11 pm

The gillatun was a French invention, the Victorian era centers around England. I don't beleive these to be exactly combadable
Adnim
Adnim

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlow Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:14 pm

I'm aware of that. 8] I was referring to those topics because those are two that have always fascinated me.
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnim Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:13 pm

Ok, I can understand that. I'm just saying that a history class would probly focus (If we follow what your Florda logic seems to be) one country. Therfore, since one is British and the other French, one class would likly not teach them both.
Adnim
Adnim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum