TheRPDiaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on twilight seirs? (warning, sopiliers)

3 posters

Go down

Opinions on twilight seirs? (warning, sopiliers) Empty Opinions on twilight seirs? (warning, sopiliers)

Post  moonflower08 Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:50 pm

i read thw whole seris and rlly liked it. but as i read more and more of the books, the more and more i disliked bella. and now that i finished the seris, i downright detest her. (cuz hate is a strong word) in fact, the only character i rlly like is jacob (on team jacob but doesn;t have a shirt) here r my reasons.....

1. bella is too emotionless

2. she acts better then everybody else (as seen in the first book)

3. she is obessed with edward to a scary (on the edge of stalker) like way. (ex. when edward leaves in second book she starts doing reckless things just to hear his voice. she evn jumps off a cliff for goodness sake! i know i know, it was "cliff diving" call it whatever u want.)

4. she uses jacob constantly, then feels bad about it later then apologizes, then does it again. idk why jacob fell in luvv with bella other then the fact the author made 'im.

5. when things are finaly "the way bella wants it" (she's a vamp, married 2 eddo, jacob is finally her "best friend") she has a baby girl, whom jacob imprints on. then she has the nerv to turn around and try to break his neck! on top of that, edward said he'd kill (or somthing like that) jacob is he felt that way(love)towrds esme. (jacob's on the 'first stage of imprinting' i like to call it. cuz right now he's just acting like a play buddy with her)

6. i liked the first book pretty well. but i don't particually prefer books that have couple set from the begining that will unchange. (ex. bella and edward-knew they'd be together in the end) which, quite honestly, bores me. but that's just my oppnion.

over all, i liked the book seris (even if it doesn't sound like it) and i'd probably read it again (maybe). i rlly needed to rant about it though (haha!) so, what r ur opnions on teh seris?
moonflower08
moonflower08
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Opinions on twilight seirs? (warning, sopiliers) Empty Re: Opinions on twilight seirs? (warning, sopiliers)

Post  Harlow Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:17 pm

I know hate is a strong word, and I try to use it sparingly. But I hate the entire series.

There's a million and three reasons why I don't like it, but I'll list only a few here.

1. NO. PLOT.
Even the die-hard Twilight fans would have to admit that most of the series is about romance, and, more importantly, Bella and Edward's romance. That's fine and dandy, but doesn't constitute a well-rounded series, much less such a popular one. What little plot it has (The Volturi thing) is covered in cliches, and it just reads like something the author slapped onto the end when she realized her precious story didn't have a plot.

2. Poorly Rounded Characters.
Bella, Edward, Charlie, Jacob, and the entire Cullen coven, along with just about every one of the characters, are totally and completely two-dimensional. They're poorly developed, they are watered-down and utterly boring, and, worse than that, every single one of them is a Mary Sue or a Gary Stu.

Don't get me started on Bella and Edward. My head will explode.

3. Being Clumsy is NOT a Character Flaw
And yet, it seems to be the ONLY thing that Bella has going against her. That goes back to my Mary Sue point.

4. It's Poorly Written!
The entire series is like a terrible, run-on fanfiction. It's hard to read, it babbles on for hundreds of pages at a time, and...oh, god, the overuse of the thesaurus kills me. COUNT how many times Smeyer uses the word "chagrined," "scintillated," "marble-cold," etc. You'll see what I mean.

5. It's Repetitive.
How many times have you read about Edward being "stone-cold," "stony faced," "breathtakingly gorgeous?" How many times have you heard about Bella being clumsy, awkward, needy?

6. SMeyer Tells, Doesn't Show (And Tells Poorly, at that)
Her descriptions are much more than her actual written actions. For example, Bella claims to be "OMGSOSMART" and that she luuurrrvveeess to read VERYBIGBOOKS! like Wuthering Heights, a classic. Yet she never, ever makes reference to anything that she's read or learned in her VERYBIGBOOKS, or even to anything she's ever learned IN HER LIFE. I go to a school of smart people. I know how they talk, what they say, what they make reference to. Bella is a big pile of fail. She only ever talks about the things she reads when she wants to make a point of how smart she is.

7.SMeyer is, frankly, an insult to authors.
Sure, she can sit there and produce hundreds of pages of goo in a matter of years, but she can't actually WRITE. Despite having an editor for all four books, the entire series is absolutely riddled with grammatical errors and stupid, stupid things. Let me repeat my point about "THESAURUS OVERKILL" by saying that, okay, we GET that Edward Cullen is the HAWTEST gift to mankind in the universe. STOP TELLING US ALREADY.

To quote from a source I once read:

"To a devote Twihard, those fancy words make them feel smart and convinced that because they don't understand what half the words mean but can only guess by their context (in most cases, these flowery words are commonly misused or misplaced) that Meyer is a genius. That she is the epitome of a talented writer.

If you've taken high school English, you should acknowledge the complete opposite and facepalm yourself till you're red in the face."

To be perfectly frank, I don't understand how such a poorly written, pointless, self-contradicting book can be so popular. It makes me sick to my stomach, honestly. If you're as into literature, especially classics, as I am, this is actually kind of an insult to the entire world of people who read GOOD BOOKS to have this phenomenon come along and totally uproot the world of literature. Go to any bookstore and COUNT how many Vampire books and Twilight paraphenalia that you see. It's mind-boggling. Now, go over to the epix literature shelves. Quite a difference, isn't it?

I try to be respectful of other people's opinions, so if you disagree with me on these points, that's fine. It's my opinion, though, so I'd appreciate it if you showed me the same courtesy. 8]
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Opinions on twilight seirs? (warning, sopiliers) Empty Re: Opinions on twilight seirs? (warning, sopiliers)

Post  moonflower08 Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:49 am

ya, there r a lot of vamp books. what what i don't like about them is, in a few of them the person (mostly girls) who r in luvv with vamps. GET TURNED INTO VAMPS IN THE END. which is ok depenind on the book, but if it where up to me, i'd keep em mortal or at least something happen so the vamp and the person would break aprat in the end (all depending on situation) but that's just me. i'm one of those people who read a lot and i mostly like all the books i read. and quite honestly, i couldn't but twilight down! but still, i've turned into a twilight-lover to a twilight- AHHHH SERIOUSLY?!?! i read this rlly good book recently called 'bella at midnight' which is a rlly good book. i liked it a lot. but it's funny cuz the main chara's name is bella, her father is edward (of burning wood, which i find funny) and she gets a step-sister names alice. although it's nothing like twilight (thank goodness) and i think it might have come out be4 twilight. *shrugs* also, the bella in twilight is a younger version of the author. (there's a speical name but idk what it is) just look up bella's desctiption then look up a pic of the author~
moonflower08
moonflower08
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlow Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:03 am

What really, really irritates me is SMeyer's attitude. She thinks that just because she has a hit novel (for some odd reason), NO ONE ELSE can write Vampire books. Even classics. Not even the author of Dracula, and lemme tell you, I'd take Nosferatu over Eddiekins any day of the week.
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  moonflower08 Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:16 am

Harlow wrote:What really, really irritates me is SMeyer's attitude. She thinks that just because she has a hit novel (for some odd reason), NO ONE ELSE can write Vampire books. .
wait, where's you get that info?
moonflower08
moonflower08
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlow Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:18 am

Reactions from her in press conferences, interviews, etc.
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dr cola Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:07 am

ummmm i never read the books or watched the movies yet but i hope they are awesome actors Smile
dr cola
dr cola
jr.member
jr.member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum