TheRPDiaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moderators administrators and reputation

2 posters

Go down

moderators administrators and reputation Empty moderators administrators and reputation

Post  dr cola Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:40 am

this is random but i would like to know how you become a moderator a administrator

and also how do you get a reputation Embarassed
dr cola
dr cola
jr.member
jr.member

Back to top Go down

moderators administrators and reputation Empty Re: moderators administrators and reputation

Post  artygamer Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:43 pm

Sorry to tell you this agin, but this should be in the 'Let's Help!' section. I'll move it.
Now onto your quetions ^^
To become a moderator/adminstrator, you have to
-be able to work with everyone on this forum, not just your fellow mods/admins.
-Handle the responsibility and do things! There's no point in becoming a mod/admin if you don't try to help make this site the best it can be and just cannot be bothered with anything.
-Be active. You can't only come on like, once a year-if you become one, you have to be prepared to check the forum as often as possible, unless you have reasons to be offline, when it would be good just to let us know via PMs or the 'Going Somewhere?' thread.
It has nothing to do with how friendly you are with any of the staff, it depends upon you as a member of this forum-if you don't want to help, then we can't help you.
Also, you can suscribe to a user-group down at the bottom there, unless they're closed, which at the moment, they both are. Right now, we don't have that many members. For this reason, we don't need anymore admins/mods, so sorry!

As for reputation, you see those plus and minus signs near a post? With those lies reputation.
For example, if someone made a really good point or had an awsome idea, etc...that you thought was good, you could 'reward' them with reputation 'points' by clicking on the plus sign next to that post.
Likewise, if someone posted something that you thought was horrible, disrespectful, etc...you'd click on the minus sign next to that post.
For each person that clicks the plus or minus, the person who's post was voted for as good or bad, would gain or loose one point of reputation, depending on which sign was clicked on.
Another way to show us a post that you think has broken a rule, is horrible or bullying, etc...is by clicking on the little '!' near a post. This will then be flaged up, so we can check it out and see if it has to edited or deleted or not.

Whew! That was long-but I hope it helps ^^
artygamer~
artygamer
artygamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

moderators administrators and reputation Empty Re: moderators administrators and reputation

Post  dr cola Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:30 am

thx it really did help and like i said i learn from my mistakes for the posting thing Surprised

Last edited by dr cola on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
dr cola
dr cola
jr.member
jr.member

Back to top Go down

Post  artygamer Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:31 pm

dr cola wrote:thx it really did help and like i said i learn from my mistakes for the posting thing Surprised
Oh, it's fine-happens all the time! I hope it wasn't too long, though, and I'm glad I could help you!
artygamer
artygamer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dr cola Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:06 am

yeah it helped a lot thx Very Happy
dr cola
dr cola
jr.member
jr.member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum