TheRPDiaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One More Time, With Feeling.

2 posters

Go down

One More Time, With Feeling. Empty One More Time, With Feeling.

Post  Harlow Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:31 am

Isabel twisted the small silver band around the ring finger of her right hand distractedly. Her blonde hair was loose, and blowing haphazardly across her shoulders. The breeze on the beach made her squint, and her eyes watered slightly. She blinked the moisture away, trying to preserve her eye makeup.

She slowly made her way across the unfamiliar beach, onto the sturdy dock. She fluffed her hair with her fingers, and gazed out at the sea. It was like being home. Only the beach in Colby was much smaller, somehow...cozier. She sighed, missing home with all of her heart. She missed her friends, she missed the little burger place on the beach that she waitressed, she missed the famous onion rings that she loved so much, but never ate because she was afraid the grease would go straight to her hips. And now that she was here, even though it was her choice to leave Colby in the first place, she missed it more than ever. Especially those golden-brown, crispy-on-the-outside onion rings.
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

One More Time, With Feeling. Empty One more time with feeling

Post  Lady_Jay Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:58 am

Kanon was just finishing her shift waitressing at her dad's shop when she saw a girl with long blonde hair standing at the dock. She wanted to go over and say hi but she had to finish this order first. Umm-hi-my-names-kanon-im-your-waitress-today-what-are-you-having? she said all that so fast it seemed to be in one big sentence! right after she filled her order she ran to the dock pacing then said.....hi...I'm ....Kanon...she said takeing deep breathes from running.
Lady_Jay
Lady_Jay
Admin
Admin

https://therpdairys.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

One More Time, With Feeling. Empty Re: One More Time, With Feeling.

Post  Harlow Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:01 am

Isabel turned, startled, to face the girl who was now practically doubled over, trying to catch her breath. "Hello," she said simply. She wasn't about to offer more than necessary; she was in a bad enough mood. She just wanted to dive into the water and swim back home. With a sigh, she realized she was being rude. "It...nice today," she said absently. Great. Talking about the weather. I'm such an interesting person. She mentally palmed her face.
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

One More Time, With Feeling. Empty One more time,with feeling

Post  Lady_Jay Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:06 am

Umm yea Kanon said i guess it is. Sure is a hot one! Kanon said still in her uniform. Ummm sorry to of came over here i guess you were probably enjoying the day or something like that Kanon said. My sincerest apologies. I'm Kanon by the way but i think i already mentioned that! Kanon said.
Lady_Jay
Lady_Jay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlow Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:36 am

Isabel forced a quick smile. "No, it's okay," she said, out of mere obligation. "Kanon...like, the guns?" She shrugged. "Cool name." Hers was so ordinary. Her friend, Heidi, had just had a baby, and her husband had named her Thisbe. Heidi wanted to name her Caroline, which was a kind of ordinary, but pretty, name. And names were a huge part of personalities.
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady_Jay Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:09 am

Umm sure you could say that Kanon said. Soo are you visting or did you just move here? Kanon asked. I live here with my younger brother Cain and my father who owns that shop just across the boardwalk I'm almost 18 so then ill be able to move out and get my own place Kanon said.
Lady_Jay
Lady_Jay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlow Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:12 am

"I just moved here," Isabel replied. "My best friend Penn is here, too. Probably off drawing or sketching somewhere." She shook her head. "He's been basically like my roommate for the past few months. We're both 22."
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady_Jay Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:16 am

That's cool! Kanon said. I bet having a friend here makes it an easier adjustment! Kanon said. So do u like the island so far? Kanon asked. Hopeing she wasn't makeing a bad first impression.
Lady_Jay
Lady_Jay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlow Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:20 am

Isabel shrugged. "I just got here. Don't have much of an opinion yet," she replied honestly. "Ask me that same question in about a week." Penn, of course, was probably loving it here. It was everything that Colby wasn't. Which was why Isabel was apprehensive, at best. She raked a hand through her long hair and exhaled harshly.
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady_Jay Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:30 am

well I need to get back to my shift Kanon said. I work at my dad's shop. It was nice talking to you! Kanon said. I guess ill see you later. Then Kanon walked across the boardwalk to her Father's Diner and continued to serve tables. she hoped she didn't make a bad first impression on the girl with the long blonde hair,she hadn't cathed her name.
Lady_Jay
Lady_Jay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harlow Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:32 am

Isabel nodded her goodbye as the girl turned to leave, before realizing that she hadn't offered her name. Oops, she thought. Oh well. Penn had been trying to convince her to be more polite and outgoing. So far, that wasn't working out that well. She sighed, and sat down on the dock, watching the sun settle in the sky.

---end of thread---
Harlow
Harlow
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down